ACCI Relief is the Aid and Development arm of the Australian Christian Churches movement.
Our vision is for a world where Christian principles of justice and equality are actualised.
Where individuals, families and communities are empowered to influence decisions affecting their own lives, advocate for their own rights as human beings with equal voice and equal value under the premise that all life has intrinsic value before God who created life.
Our mission is to transform communities and nations, One Life at a Time, by developing holistic sustainable solutions to combat injustice, poverty and reinstate the value of life.
We aim to promote equal access to the rights and services that protect life and human dignity.
The Australian Christian Churches Statement of Faith summarises the Biblical foundation of what we believe. Without compromising this clear Biblical foundation, we have articulated additional beliefs that are specific to the development work that our organisation, staff and field workers are involved in.
- We believe in the sanctity of life and the inherent dignity of every human regardless of race, gender, social status, or any other human condition.
- We believe that the intrinsic value of human life is the underlying principle of justice upon which human rights are founded. We believe in challenging all social and cultural structures that perceive life as a commodity that can be bought and sold.
- We believe that the church has a crucial role to play in reconciling the social divides which lead to human rights violations and in doing so, defend the rights of the marginalised members of a given community. To this purpose, we believe in partnering with and building the capacity of local churches, both in Australia and in the nations where we work, to engage in equality and justice.
- We believe that the root cause of poverty is injustice and social exclusion. In order to break poverty, unequal power relationships and systemic obstacles to opportunity need to be identified and challenged so that all people can access opportunity and improve their own lives.
- We believe that those living in poverty are rights holders and not objects of charity. They have legitimate claims to rights and to lead a dignified life.
- We believe that the process of development should be empowering. Programs and initiatives should strive to amplify the voice of the marginalised, who – when empowered – can identify their own vision, goals and needs. The end goal of our partnership with individuals and communities is not the delivery of services but people empowered to have an equal voice and increased capacity.“The human person is the central subject of development and should be an active participant and beneficiary of the right to development” (Article 2 Declaration on the Right to Development).
- We believe that the measure of our effectiveness can be found in the individuals, families and communities who have been empowered to make choices and act on their choices, and the progressive reconciliation of oppressive power relationships.
Approved Overseas Aid Fund
Donations to ACC International Relief are tax deductible. ACCIR's World Relief Fund is an approved Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) under the Overseas Aid Gift Deduction Scheme (OAGDS) classification.
ACFID (Australian Council for International Development)
ACCI Relief is a member of the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID) and adheres to the ACFID Code of Conduct which defines minimum standards of governance, management and accountability of development for non-government organisations (NGOs).
Complaints relating to a breach of the ACFID Code of Conduct can be made to the ACFID Code of Conduct Committee.
ACCI recognises that listening to and responding to feedback, concerns and complaints is integral to our commitment to achieving the high standards and ensures accountability to all stakeholders. Complaints or feedback can be submitted to the CEO of Operations via the below contact details or to another ACCI employee, field worker or strategic partner.
Phone: +61 3 8516 9600 or 1300 997 502
Post: 5/2 Sarton Rd, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
If you have a complaint regarding a breach of the ACFID Code of Conduct, please contact the ACFID Code of Conduct Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02 6285 1816. For more information visit acfid.asn.au/content/complaints
For more information, refer to ACCI Complaints Handling Policy.